-Region Five clubs and schools to benefit from bowling machine and concrete pitches

Berbice Cricket Board (BCB) President Hilbert Foster has said that 2023 would see major developments in Berbice cricket in general and massive investment in the county’s junior cricket in particular in an effort to unearth promising talents for the future.
Foster has said that 2023 would see the return of cricket at the secondary school level and the historic introduction of the game at a competitive stage at the primary school level.
Late last year, with assistance from US-based Guyanese businessman Lochan Samkarran, the BCB distributed close to two million dollars’ worth of uniforms, gear and cricket balls to 23 secondary schools in the county. And more than 65 primary schools in both Regions Five and Six would shortly receive almost one million dollars’ worth of tape ball bats and taped balls as the BCB continues to invest in the school system.
The BCB last Friday received two major sponsorships from Government officials as the drive progresses to advance the interests of the county’s cricket. People’s Progressive Party Member of Parliament Faizal Jaffarally, a longtime supporter of the Hilbert Foster-led BCB, handed over a sponsorship package of five hundred thousand dollars to the BCB. The funds would be equally utilised to host the annual Jaffarally 20/20 Knockout tournament for second-division teams in West Berbice and provide cricket balls under the second annual Jaffarally Cricket Trust Fund. Twelve clubs in West Berbice would receive red cricket balls to assist them to play in the numerous BCB tournaments scheduled for 2023.











