Man found dead 1 day after receiving death threats

A 21-year-old man was on Tuesday found floating in a canal at the Moroshi backdam with a wound to his neck one day after receiving death threats.
Dead is Timmol Harris.

Dead: Timmol Harris

Speaking with Guyana Times, Harris’ brother, Lee Harris, said that his brother’s body was found by farmers, who would usually use the canal to go to their farms. Lee Harris said his brother was last seen by his older sister, who told the family that he told her that he was going to a birthday party.
“The person from the birthday party contact me and they tell me that he was there at the birthday party and he leave there at about 7 o’clock (19:00h) the night… when he was leaving he tell the woman that he got something to tell she but the way she deh busy she didn’t get time to talk to he,” he said.
He said no one knows where his brother went and what transpired after he left the party.
However, on Tuesday at about 07:00h, his lifeless body was found in the canal.
“Somebody lash he and then chop he and then dump he body in the canal…”, he explained.
According to the older Harris, for the past year, his brother has been receiving threats from a man, who has since allegedly confessed to killing him. He said last November, his brother had an altercation with the suspect over a woman, and in the process, his brother was cut to the face.
Since then, the suspect along with another man has been threatening to kill him. Lee said only one day before his brother went missing, he told his sister that he fearful since the man threatened to kill him again.
This time, the men told Timmol Harris that they would “mark his face again”.
A total of nine persons have been arrested and are in Police custody assisting with investigations. However, the dead man’s brother told this publication that one man has confessed. However, this publication was unable to independently verify this.
A post-mortem examination conducted on Timmol Harris’ body revealed that he died as a result of a chop wound to his upper neck.
Lee Harris said his family is shaken by his brother’s death since he would have been celebrating his 22nd birthday this Thursday. He said his brother had hopes of spending time with his family this Christmas, since they had all planned to go back to their childhood home for the holidays. (G9)