Murder/robbery: Businessman’s lover identifies her boyfriend as killer

One of the women who were taken into custody following the murder/robbery of businessman Shimron Adams, aka Shem, has since confessed to having knowledge of the crime.
This woman, who had shared an intimate relationship with the businessman, told investigators that her boyfriend had committed the act. That suspect has since been identified as Andrew Ridley. His alleged accomplice in the crime has also been identified by the woman. Ridley, this publication understands, has since been arrested.
The woman told investigators that her boyfriend had found out that she and the businessman were involved in a relationship, and he had since threatened to rob the businessman. She said she recognised the suspects on
the night in question when they barged into the business place.
Police have also arrested the second suspect in the murder of this businessman. Twenty-year-old Akelow Marshall of Independence Boulevard, East La Penitence, Georgetown was arrested on Thursday in
Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne) by ranks in that division, who were acting on information received that he was attempting to flee the country to Suriname.
Businessman Shimron Adams, aka Shem, was killed during a daring robbery committed at his business place at Durban and Chapel Streets, Lodge, Georgetown on Boxing Night. Adams, 41, who had operated a liquor store, hailed from Macaw Drive in Kaneville, East Bank Demerara. He was attacked by two male suspects who were reportedly wearing surgical face masks, one of whom was also armed with a handgun.

Dead: Businessman Shimron Adams, aka Shem

According to Adams’s 29-year-old lover, at around 21:30h on Boxing Night, she had gone to Adams’s business place, and at that time the businessman was wearing a gold finger ring and one gold band, and had had a small bag hanging on his shoulder.
At about 23:30h, Adams closed his business place and started to pack items into a freezer. About ten minutes later, Adams opened the shutter for them to leave from the bottom flat, and according to the woman, in the blink of an eye, the two suspects entered the building via the same shutter and ordered them to lie on the ground, and they complied.
The unarmed suspect then took off the businessman’s gold band and finger ring, and ordered him to get up, which he did. She said the suspect then held onto the businessman’s shoulder bag and pulled at it, but Adams continued to hold onto the bag to prevent the suspect from taking it.
The suspect who was armed with the firearm then discharged a round at Adams, and it struck him in his right abdomen. He fell to the ground and remained unconscious, and was subsequently rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The scene was processed by ranks from CID Headquarters, and one 9mm spent shell and one warhead were recovered.