Police beat man with handcuffs to get him into vehicle

A pregnant woman was left confused and in a state of panic on Thursday morning after learning that her husband was arrested at the Meadow Bank Wharf, Georgetown, after being allegedly assaulted by Police Officers.

The Police rank in casual wear using the handcuffs to hit Little’s hands

In fact, the woman, who visited Guyana Times and identified herself as Wanda Little, produced a video that had been sent by someone who recorded the arrest of her spouse, 32-year-old Quincy Little, shortly after 07:00h on the day in question.
She explained that Little was working at the wharf for over two years where he would ‘clean fish’ that customers bought from that location and that his brother also did the same job there.
He, along with his brother, left their homes around 03:00h on Thursday to go to the wharf.
However, the woman explained that when she received the video she was left in a state of shock. Her husband was seen trying to find out from the Police the reason for his arrest but instead, he was tackled to the ground by a cop attired in his uniform.
But, another Police Officer, who donned casual wear, used handcuffs to beat the man to his face while he was still pinned to the ground.
Later in the video, the man had gripped onto the edge of the Police vehicle and the rank who had assaulted him used the handcuffs once again to hit his knuckles repeatedly.
Despite the public outcry, the Police continued trying to get Little into to vehicle and the rank with the handcuffs repeatedly struck him to his body with the handcuffs.

The Policeman dealing a hard blow to Little’s face with the handcuffs

Eventually, the rank left Little with his colleague, ventured to the Police vehicle and retrieved his gun which he returned with and pointed it to Little’s face.
While Little was trying to resist and received the beatings, his pants came off and the Police eventually pushed him into the Police vehicle and took him to the Police station.
According to the man’s wife, when she, along with the other females, arrived at the Police station, they were told her husband was at the hospital and that she should “come back in an hour or two”.
The woman told this publication that she enquired the reason for his arrest but did not get an answer.
She then told them she had a video of the assault and claims that it was then that the cops told her to “delete the video and we will release him”.
Meanwhile, attempts by this newspaper via telephone to contact the new Commander of Region Four (Demerara-Mahaica) Subdivision A (Georgetown), Assistant Police Commissioner Edgar Thomas proved futile.
However, an officer attached to the Guyana Police Force (GPF) stated that the matter in question is currently under investigation.