Sophia businesswoman, husband attacked, shot by men in tinted motorcar

– vendor also shot during home invasion

Two men and a woman are now nursing gunshot injuries following separate incidents in B Field, Sophia, Greater Georgetown between Thursday and Friday.
Police stated that on Friday, a 39-year-old Sophia vendor and his family were awakened by the smell of smoke at about 00:30h. Upon investigating, the victims observed smoke emanating from the southern side of their home.
As the vendor opened the door, he was confronted by an unidentified male, who quickly fled the scene after a loud explosion was heard. Soon after, the victim realised that he had been shot in his right hip.
He was rushed to the Accident and Emergency Unit (A&E) of the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPHC), where he was treated and admitted as a patient.
And in another incident, a 34-year-old businesswoman and her reputed husband, a 47-year-old minibus driver, were shot by three unidentifiable men during a home invasion. Both victims received multiple gunshot injuries and are being treated in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the GPHC. Their condition is listed as stable.
Based on reports received, the businesswoman was sitting in front of their shop in the company of her friend on Thursday, while her husband was reportedly in the shop.
The man reported that, at about 21:20h, he observed an unknown, heavily-tinted motorcar stopping in front of the shop, and soon after, three men exited. They were all armed with handguns, and their faces were covered with masks.
The armed men reportedly approached the business woman and discharged several rounds at her, after which they turned their attention to the husband and did likewise.
After committing the act, the men re-entered the car, and it sped off the scene.
The couple was rushed to the GPHC, the man having sustained two gunshot injuries to his upper back while his wife received gunshot injuries to the right-side face, the right arm, and to the left elbow.
Following the incident, Police visited the scene and recovered four 9mm spent shells and a warhead.
CCTV cameras attached to the victims’ shop were viewed, and footage was extracted.
Investigations are in progress as Police hunt the suspects involved in the shooting incidents.