Woman electrocuted while washing clothes

Dead: Kesi Adele Adams

A 33-year-old woman was electrocuted on Monday morning at Singh Street, Sisters Village, West Bank Demerara (WBD), while washing clothes.
Dead is Kesi Adele Adams.
Reports are that around 07:00h, the 33-year-old woman was washing clothes at the back of the house and the washing machine and dryer, which she was using to do so, had an electrical defect which caused electricity to run through a long silver hose with metal wrappings that was attached to the dryer.
According to Police, it was suspected that Adams had held onto the hose, which led to her being electrocuted. The woman was picked up in an unconscious state by public-spirited persons and taken to the West Demerara Regional Hospital (WDRH), where she succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead.
Police said that the woman’s 63-year-old mother reported the matter.
Her body is at Ezekiel Mortuary, awaiting a post-mortem examination, Police said on Monday evening.