Farmer stabbed to death during brawl at WBD restaurant

A farmer was on Wednesday stabbed to death during a brawl at a restaurant in Good Intent, West Bank Demerara (WBD).
The dead man has been identified as 32-year-old Devon Cummings, also called ‘Parmer’, of Sisters Village, WBD.
Based on reports received, on the day in question, at about 16:50h, Cummings and one of his friends were returning from the backdam when they saw some other friends consuming alcohol at a restaurant at Back Street, Goed Intent, WBD.
Cummings and his friend were invited to take a shot of rum with the others, and the invitation was accepted. As they were sitting together, they reportedly started to tantalize each other, during which Cummings informed them that he was heading home, and walked out of the shop.
As a result, an argument broke out between Cummings and another man, and it quickly escalated to an altercation. Cummings, who was armed with a cutlass, reportedly hit the other man, resulting in one of the suspects pushing him against a wall and taking away the cutlass.
During the commotion, the other suspect whipped out a knife and used same to chop Cummings to his head and stab him to the chest. Both suspects then made good their escape on foot.
The injured Cummings was picked up and rushed to the West Demerara Regional Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries while receiving medical attention.
His body is presently at Ezekiel’s Funeral Home, awaiting a post mortem.
The matter was reported, and based on information received, a male of Goed Intent WBD was arrested, and is assisting with investigations.
Just a few days ago, 16-year-old Isaiah Smith, also known as “Six”, of Middle Road La Penitence, Georgetown was stabbed to death at Hogg Street and Independence Boulevard, Albouystown, Georgetown.
It was reported that on the day in question, at about 14:55h, Smith and others were sitting on a bench in close proximity to the suspect’s dwelling place. The 45-year-old suspect reportedly asked the teenagers to remove, but Smith refused to do so. This resulted in an altercation between the suspect and the teenager, during which the suspect whipped out a knife and stabbed the victim in the left upper abdomen.
The injured Smith reportedly ran a short distance on Independence Boulevard before he collapsed. He was taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The suspect was later arrested, and the alleged murder weapon was recovered.