Inmate stabbed to neck at Lusignan Prison

Twenty-eight-year-old Alvin Jones, popularly known as ‘Hot skull’, is now hospitalised with a stab wound to his neck, after he was attacked by another inmate at the Lusignan Prison, East Coast Demerara on Monday.

Hospitalised: Alvin Jones

Guyana Times understands that Jones was allegedly wounded at around 08:30h on Monday by a 49-year-old prisoner who is serving a three-year sentence for robbery and possession of firearm and ammunition.
It was reported that on Sunday an argument ensued between the two men after “Hot skull” had touched the other inmate inappropriately.
It was also reported that the 49-year-old was taunted by another prisoner throughout the day. As a result, on the following day, he waited until Jones went to shower, and attacked him from behind with a sharpened object.
The 28-year-old Jones was stabbed to his left side neck, and was subsequently transported to the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPHC), where he was admitted a patient in stable condition. The other inmate was placed in solitary confinement at the Lusignan Prison, and the matter was later reported to the Police.
In December last year, Jones was sentenced to more than 43 years’ imprisonment for the murder of amateur footballer Paul Daniels. It was reported that on February 2, 2017, Paul Daniels, 32, called “Dundee”, a footballer attached to the Georgetown Football Club (GFC), was gunned down moments after taking his fiancée to her home at Independence Boulevard, Georgetown.
Based on reports, two armed men entered the home through a door which was left open on the northern side of the building. Upon entering the house, they held Daniels and his fiancée at gunpoint, and relieved him of a gold chain which he was wearing and an undisclosed sum of cash before exiting the house.
Daniels, who had also been a carpenter, went in pursuit of the men, and during the chase, the suspects discharged several rounds at him, one of which hit him in the region of his stomach and chest. He was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival. (G9)