Relative of slain Henry cousins wanted for murder of Haresh Singh

– 2 remain in custody

As Police intensify their investigation into the murder of 17-year-old Haresh Singh who was killed in September 2020 following the gruesome murder of Isaiah and Joel Henry, an arrest warrant was on Friday issued for one of the relatives of the slain Henry boys. Wanted is Gladwin Henry of No 3 Village, West Coast Berbice.
Police on Thursday confirmed that two persons were arrested on Wednesday in connection with the murder of Singh – one of whom has since confessed to the heinous crime. In addition, a Police source had stated that they were looking for one other person since he was implicated in Singh’s murder.
Based on reports received, the now wanted man and the self-confessed murderer, who are relatives of slain Joel and Isaiah Henry, might have taken matters into their own hands following the boys’ death.

Murdered: Haresh Singh

It is believed that after a relative of Singh was arrested days after the mutilated bodies of the cousins were found, the wanted man along with others allegedly attacked and killed the 17-year-old as a form of revenge.
Nevertheless, the Police are asking anyone with information that can lead to the arrest of Henry to call the Police on telephone numbers 232-0969, 232-0313, 226-1928, 911 or the nearest Police station.

Wanted: Gladwin Henry

Singh’s body was found in the backdam at Number Three Village, West Coast Berbice (WCB), during a protest for justice for the Henry boys, whose mutilated bodies were found on a coconut farm at Cotton Tree.
It has been widely speculated that Singh was murdered in retaliation for the murder of the Henry boys. Members of Singh’s family were initially arrested as suspects in the murder of the Henry teens, but they were subsequently released.
Three persons are currently before the courts for the murder of the Henry boys. In addition, a brother of one of the boys is also before the court for killing his neighbour, whom he claimed was responsible for his brother’s death.
On September 9, 2020, Singh left his home at Number Three Village in the company of his uncles to go to the backdam to work. However, he returned home shortly after by himself to take some water to the estate. It was on his way back to the farm that he was murdered. Singh was riding a motorcycle at the time he was chopped to death.
His body was discovered in the backdam next to his motor cycle, which had also been burnt. A post-mortem examination found that Singh died as a result of a brain haemorrhage and blunt trauma to the head, compounded by compression injuries to the neck.

Murdered: Isaiah Henry and Joel Henry 

Following the death of the Henry boys, there was widespread protests across Guyana, demanding justice, and the Police had said they would investigate Singh’s murder with the same intensity that was being employed in relation to the murder of 16-year-old Isaiah Henry and 19-year-old Joel Henry.