Tiger Bay youth shot dead at Lodge J’ouvert party, 3 arrested

Dead: Dale Christopher

Three persons were arrested after a 27-year-old man was shot and killed while attending a J’ouvert party at Hill Street Lodge, Georgetown, on Tuesday morning. The J’ouvert party was reportedly approved by the Guyana Police Force (GPF).
The dead man has been identified as Dale Christopher also called “Sun Skull” of Lot 1A Rosemary Lane, Cummingburg, popularly known as Tiger Bay.
Based on reports received, the now dead man left home at about 01:15h in the company of a friend to attend the party. However, at about 06:00h, two to three loud explosions suspected to be gunshots were heard, causing the crowd of about 500 to disperse.
At the time of the shooting, the DJ and Selector were providing their services at the party but were later informed that someone was shot. As such, they reportedly stopped the party, packed up their equipment and left.
The Police stated that a taxi driver was passing along Mandela Avenue at the time when he was stopped by three males carrying the injured man, who was bleeding from a wound to the abdomen.
Christopher was taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Upon examination, a single gunshot wound was seen at the centre of his abdomen. His body was taken to the hospital mortuary awaiting a post-mortem examination. Crime scene experts have since visited the scene where several persons were questioned.
The Police have since confirmed that three persons were taken into custody for questioning in relation to the murder. Meanwhile, when Guyana Times visited the home of the dead man, his relatives refused to speak on the matter.
They only stated that the Police would have all the information that is required. The Police are continuing their investigations.

Shooting earlier in the month
Earlier in the month, Osafo Pollard, a taxi driver of West La Penitence, Georgetown, was shot and killed while attending a birthday party in North East La Penitence.
It was reported that sometime during the celebration, persons heard a loud explosion similar to a gunshot, which resulted in them screaming and running from the scene.
Soon after, Pollard was seen lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to his head. He was subsequently picked up and taken to Georgetown Public Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries while receiving medical attention. The Police recovered one .32 spent shell and one warhead from the crime scene.