Woman brutally murdered by husband in hotel room

…stabbed 13 times, throat slit
…suspect walks into CID, confesses to crime

The lifeless body of a woman was on Thursday found in Room 235 of the Alpha Hotel on the East Coast of Demerara (ECD). Clad in a black bra and a pair of blue short pants, the body was facing upwards and was lying in a pool of blood, with the throat slit.
The dead woman was subsequently identified as 46-year-old Kim Halley of Lamaha Park, Georgetown and formerly of Mahaicony, ECD.
Upon examination, a total of 13 stab wounds were found on her face, hands, and body. Her throat was also slit.
A black handle without a blade was found next to the woman’s body on the bed, while the blade was found in the now-dead woman’s hair and was covered in blood.
Police have said that one of the woman’s daughters related that the 56-year-old suspect, a businessman of Mahaicony, ECD, is her stepfather.
The daughter related that her mother and the suspect had been married, but due to the abuse, her mother had moved to Georgetown about two months ago.
The receptionist related that on Thursday, at about 13:45h, she was on duty at the hotel when the suspect and the woman booked a room.
The receptionist recalled that at about 14:45h, she went to Room 235 and discovered the door was slightly open. She opened the door with the intention of telling Halley to keep the door closed, but instead found the woman lying motionless on the bed in a pool of blood.
She immediately raised an alarm, and the Police were summoned. The EMT team arrived and pronounced the woman dead.
Prior to the discovery, a 19-year-old painter told detectives that he was painting on Thursday at about 8:00h when he saw the suspect at the security hut. He enquired about his purpose there, but was told that he was waiting on someone.
At about 13:30h, he saw the now-dead woman arriving in a car driven by another woman. Soon after, the suspect and Halley proceeded to their room. Further, he recalled that at about 14:40h, he heard screams emanating from Room 235, and about 15 minutes later, he saw the suspect exiting the room and making his way out of the hotel.
Meanwhile, at about 16:30h, the suspect went to the Criminal Investigation Department Headquarters, where he told ranks that he had just murdered his wife. When Guyana Times arrived at the scene, Police were processing the area for evidence, and family members were inconsolable.
Investigations are continuing.