3 arraigned for murder of “Gaza”

Three men were on Wednesday arraigned for the murder of Seon “Gaza” London when they appeared at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court.
The men are Sitaffa Joseph, also called “Safo”, of Trench Road, East Ruimveldt, Georgetown; Rockford “Spent Shell” Marcus, 22, of James Street, Albouystown, Georgetown and Kevin Jordan, also known as “Little” or “Strong Man”, of Perry Street, Tucville, Georgetown.
They were not required to plead to the indictable charge when it was read to them by Magistrate Rochelle Liverpool. The charge stated that on October 17, 2020 at C Field Sophia, Greater Georgetown, the men murdered London.
It was reported that on the day in question, London, of D’Andrade Street, Newtown, Georgetown, and his wife were visiting a friend in C Field. The woman, however, left to purchase barbecue leaving her husband and his friend sitting on a bench in front of the friend’s yard.
It is alleged that around 18:35h, two men turned up and discharged several rounds in the direction of the two men.
The friend, who threw himself to the ground and remained still until the gunmen left the scene, told investigators that after London was hit, he collapsed, according to reports.
Police stated that after committing the act, the gunmen escaped on foot.
The victim’s wife upon hearing the gunshots ran back to her husband only to find him lying in a pool of blood on the ground. With the assistance of residents, the injured man was picked up and taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Police said the victim received five gunshot wounds to the head, arm, and other parts of the body.
Meanwhile, after listening to the facts of the case, Magistrate Liverpool remanded the three men to prison until December 11, 2020.
Earlier this year, on May 1, London was shot in the Cummings Park area, causing him to be hospitalised, but he was subsequently discharged.
Police said Kevin McAdam, 20, of E Field, Cummings Park, was arrested and charged with the attempted murder of London, but was released on bail. That matter is still engaging the attention of the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.