“Breadman” died from manual strangulation, blunt trauma – autopsy

BV robbery-murder

A post-mortem examination conducted on 63-year-old Clairmonte Telesford of Triumph, East Coast Demerara, who met his demise during a robbery, has confirmed that he died as a result of manual strangulation compounded by blunt trauma to the head.

Dead: 63-year-old Clairmonte Telesford

The autopsy was conducted by Dr Nehaul Singh at the Georgetown Public Hospital Mortuary on Monday morning and the body was subsequently handed over for burial.
Telesford, who is known as “Breadman”, was attacked along with his reputed wife, Shaundell Emmanuel, at about 01:30h on Sunday morning by gun-toting bandits.
According to reports, the couple had just closed their shop located in front of their home and was in the process of packing up their supplies when they were attacked.
Guyana Times reported that three masked men, clad in dark clothing, emerged from aback of the house and confronted the woman. Two of the men reportedly led her into the house where they tied her up and began to ransack the bottom flat of the two-storied wooden house.
The now dead man reportedly heard screams and went to check but was attacked by one of the men who proceeded to tie his hands behind his back and led him outside of the house.
His wife told Guyana Times that while inside, she was beaten to her head and choked several times.
“He choke me and beat me up terrible in my head, then they tek the gun and put it down to my throat and seh that they got to get the money, the jewel and the phone card or they gone killed he (Clairmonte) but I keep calling and screaming for he (Clairmonte)…the two that was inside with me kept searching in here for the valuables because I ended up telling them where it was,” the terrified woman recalled.
According to the woman, at this time she began screaming for neighbours to lend assistance but no one responded. After getting the valuables, the three armed men escaped on motorcycles. Emmanuel managed to untie herself and ran outside, it was at this time that she found her husband lying in a pool of blood in the yard.
Telesford was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Emmanuel was also taken to the Mahaicony Hospital where she was treated and sent away.
A few years ago, they were attacked by gunmen, badly beaten and robbed of a large sum of cash.