Timehri Panthers, Grove Hi Tech advance to semis

GFF/KFC U-20 Independence KO Cup; EBFA leg

Timehri Panthers, behind doubles respectively scored by Tyrone Burnette and Ishmael Pulsuram, eased to a solid 6-0 win over Herstelling Raiders and register a presence in the semifinals of the inaugural GFF/KFC U20 Independence Cup in the East Bank Football Association leg, which continued yesterday at the GFF National Training Facility.
Also easing into the semifinals were Grove Hi Tech, which did so without breaking a sweat, as their opponent, Diamond Upsetters, did not show up for the match.
Yesterday’s other match, which was a first round clash between Diamond United and Samatta Point/Kaneville, saw the former hammering the latter 10-4 in a goal feast.
With the win, Diamond has earned a second round date with Soesdyke Falcons, tomorrow from 14:00hrs at the same venue. This match would be the feature of a double-header, as the East Bank Football Association Senior League will kick off with one match between Grove Hi Tech and Kuru Kururu Warriors.
The EBFA Senior League is being sponsored by the Guyana Football Federation (GFF), fulfilling a commitment made by President Wayne Forde. The official march past of the 11 contesting clubs would also take place, with the best dressed team set to be rewarded with a trophy.
Yesterday’s U-20 KFC action saw a total of 20 goals being scored in the two matches played, as the teams battled for the lone available spot in the national playoffs.
Timehri Panthers got their goals from Tyrone Burnette, who scored in the 4th and 49th minutes; Pulsuram was on target in the 17th and 73rd minutes, while one goal was scored by Shawn Stelle in the 24th minute and by Tyrone David in the 37th minute.
Diamond United ran away 3-0 leaders by the 17th minute in their clash against Samatta Point/Kaneville, which saw two helmet-tricks and one hat-trick being recorded. Tariq Pryce blasted the first of his four goals for Diamond in the 5th minute, and followed up with strikes in the 73rd, 84th and 89th minutes.
Runaldo Grant in the 10th and Corvin Griffith in the 17th had put Diamond 3-0 up, after which Tyreece came into the mix with his four goals, the first coming in the 27th minute. He followed up with similarity in the 39th, 67th and 79th minutes.
Samatta Point/Kaneville’s Jadon Forthe employed his best efforts for his team by netting a hat-trick, but it was never going to be enough to save them from the rampaging lads of Diamond United.
Forthe rocked the back of the net in the 20th, 78th and 87th minutes. The other goal came off the boot of Kenyan Moe in the 82nd minute.