Bent Street, Back Circle show dominance as futsal continues

Another night of enthralling futsal games saw some of the more experienced campaigners advancing further in the Guyana Football Federation- Kashif and Shanghai- organised tournament.
In the first encounter of the night, Back Circle eased past Timehri Ballers 2-1. The Timehri team, who were pretty dominant in their first game last week, were tame in comparison to the experience of Back Circle, and Runnel Gordon was their only man to find the back of the net.
After his first-minute strike, Selwyn Williams equalised for Back Circle in the 8th.
That was followed up by a Rashaun Ritch goal in the 15th to close the half.
Timehri persisted, but there was another goal scored in the second, as Back Circle sealed the win.
Following their winning ways was Leopold, who trounced Alexander village 6-1.
Raphael Edwards opened the scoring in the 3rd, followed by his teammate Darron Niles in the 4th, to give Leopold an early advantage.
The first half ended with the score on 2-0, and an early second-half strike from Diego Benjamin on behalf of Alexander Village made it seem like a comeback was about to be staged.
However, Leopold added four more goals to their tally to establish their dominance. Daren Benjamin netted one in the 21st, while Nikes completed his brace in the 24th and Abumuchi Opara contributed another 2 (26th, 30th) for the 6-1 victory.
In a shocker, Renegade overcame the ever-consistent Tiger Bay by a 4-1 margin. The encounter was so tense that it became the first game of the GFF-K&S tournament to go into overtime this year.
Leo-Orion Lovell found the back of the net in the 8th minute for Renegade, and the equalizer did not come until the second half, off the boots of Wendell Austin in the 16th.
As both teams struggled to find the winning goal, regulation time expired with the score at 1-all.
Overtime was only fruitful for the boys on the Renegade bench, as Malcolm Miggins produced the goods with a brace in the 35th and 36th minutes.
Kevin Dundas added the cherry in the 40th minute to solidify Renegade’s win.
The young Team Cruel, who were ominous just last week, were silenced by futsal masters Bent Street when the experienced team turned out for their first game of the tournament. Team Cruel did well to match strides with some of the best in the business, resulting in a 1-1 half-time score.
Tyrice Dennis had the first strike in favour of Team Cruel, while Colin Nelson replied in the 13th on Bent Street’s behalf.
Bent Street used their second segment wisely, with Daniel Wilson registering the first in the 17th. Colin Nelson completed his brace with a second in the 19th, and Jermin Junor added another goal in the 27th to propel Bent
Street to 4.
Team Cruel were unable to come close to the tally, and surrendered the game to their opponents.
Futsal action will continue at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall (CASH) on Thursday, December 23rd from 7pm with another set of exciting games.