Two male teens, who had escaped from the New Opportunity Corps (NOC) which is located at Onderneeming, Essequibo Coast, Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) on March 26, have been recaptured by the police. However, police are still on the hunt for one more teen, who is still to be recaptured.
The others from the group of the six who escaped have returned to the NOC voluntarily.
This is according to Commander of G Division (Essequibo Coast-Islands), Senior Superintendent Khali Pareshram, who said that law enforcement officials are still on the hunt for one remaining juvenile.
He previously told this publication, in relation to the latest escape attempted by teens housed at the institution, that although six had escaped from the NOC between March 25 and 26, 2019, a report was only made to the police about the incident on March 29 (Friday).
Reports are that on March 26, 2019, at about 08:00h, four males escaped by scaling the fence surrounding the juvenile correctional facility.
On the same day at about 17:30h, two other male teens crawled through a dried up koker in the compound.
They all made good their escape.
Less than two weeks before this, on March 16, 24 teenagers, who were being housed at this holding centre in Region Two, escaped from the facility.
Reports are that at about 09:30h, the discovery was made that 17 males and seven females made good their escape even with three security officers and their dorm mothers and fathers in the building.
According to the police, investigations revealed that the females opened a southern door in their dormitory and tied five sheets together then threw the knotted sheets over the western fence of the compound in order to escape.