Linden motorcyclist succumbs days after crashing into house

Nineteen-year-old Eon “Junior” Patterson who crashed a motorcycle into a house at Block 22, Wismar, Linden on last Thursday succumbed to his injuries while hospitalised at the Georgetown Public Hospital on Wednesday evening.
According to family members, Patterson was being treated at the Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after suffering major injuries to his throat and jaw.
His sister told Guyana Times that her brother was scheduled to be transferred from the ICU on Wednesday and placed in the male ward after he demonstrated vital signs of improvement.

Dead: Eon “Junior” Patterson

However, things took a turn for the worse even after Patterson, who had been in an unconscious state, had started breathing on his own and moving his eyes.
“The only thing about him is his legs, they keep shaking. So, they’re wondering if is spasms he got. But he’s coming around, better than before,” his sister had stated on Tuesday.
The young man was rushed to the Linden Hospital Complex (LHC) in critical condition, after losing control of the motorcycle he was riding which then slammed into the house.
He was subsequently transported to the Georgetown Public Hospital owing to the severity of his condition. The accident occurred just a short distance away from his home.
According to the young man’s sister, who resides in the same home as he did, she had asked him to purchase an item at a nearby shop, but she was unaware that he had intended using her fiancé’s motorcycle.
She said it was not until shortly after he had gone downstairs that she heard him starting the motorcycle.
After some time had elapsed and he did not return home, the sister attempted to contact him, but his phone went unanswered.
However, shortly after, she saw her brother passing their home at a fast pace. It was then, he lost control of the motorcycle and slammed into the house.
At the time of the accident, he was not wearing a helmet. He was picked up and taken to the Linden Hospital Complex, where he was treated and referred to the Georgetown Public Hospital. The young man leaves to mourn his parents, siblings, and friends.